Saturday, December 31, 2011

My how the time flies!

2011 was quite a year! On New Year's Eve last year, I was sitting at home, eating an ENTIRE fresh pineapple in hopes of putting myself into labor! LOL! Yeah, well that didn't work!

On January 18, 2011, my lifelong dream of becoming a mommy finally came true. Most of this year has been spent thoroughly enjoying every waking minute with this AMAZING little human that I created:):) Being a mommy has been everything I wanted and more!! It is fun, fascinating and at times, COMPLETELY frustrating:) BUT it is by far the hardest job I have ever loved.

Just a few short months, we welcomed my newest nephew, Gavon into the world:) That involved Taryn and I learning the breastfeeding ropes together, it was nice to have someone so close to understand the struggle!!! If you have never breastfed, then you will never truly understand the struggle that is involved.

As the year continued, most things that occurred that did not involve Jayce, are merely a blur. It's funny how motherhood can do that to a person. You almost lose a part of yourself, willingly handing it over to that tiny little person...no questions asked.

So I am sure that I did something great from March-October, but for the life of me, I don't know what those things were!! But I do know that in November, we headed out on a free cruise to the Eastern Caribbean. It was a cruise I earned for my family of 4. It was an amazing thing to go on a cruise knowing that my hard work paid off. And what an accomplishment to know that not only am I able to provide for my family, but I am also able to have my little guy travel internationally before he turns a year old!!! How amazing!!!

Then my entire world shifted on November 12 when we learned of my Pap's stroke. As he deteriorated before my eyes, I knew that this time was it. And on November 15, I said goodbye to one of the strongest and most influential men I knew. And everyday I am grateful for the lifetime of memories I have of him. And I am more grateful that even though Jayce won't remember his great grandfather, I know that Pap had 9 months of memories with Jayce.

In the midst of the loss, a lot of other changes occurred. The biggest on being my switch from Slumber Parties to Pure Romance. Within this transition, I learned who my true friends were. This was a change that I thought long and hard about. It was not an easy decision. It was a decision I made in the best interest of MY family. It was nothing personal. People who knew me, knew that I had a passion for Slumber Parties and the job I did. I am grateful for everything I was able to accomplish with Slumber Parties. But an offer I couldn't refuse was put in front of me. As it turns out, it was not a passion for the company that I had. The passion I have is for my job, for my clients, and for my family. With Pure Romance I have been even more successful in every aspect. I can better take care of my family, the products allow for me to help my clients more than ever and my passion for the job has only multiplied:)

As the year comes to an end, there have been ups and downs, but I can say with honesty that it has been an amazing year. And I am blessed:)

As for a resolution, there are so many things!!! I want to continue to grow as a person, as a wife, as a mommy, as a business owner. A huge part of that will involve continuing on my weight loss journey. I have a goal to reach my ideal size by Easter. That is 25 more pounds or a size 8!! I am a firm believer that you can't just have a resolution, YOU MUST HAVE A PLAN!!!! So currently I am embarking on my Turbo Fire journey. The plan is a 12week one that I will most likely extend to 20 weeks. I start that tomorrow. I will be pairing it with the "Fuel the Fire" eating plan which goes along with Turbo Fire.

Not only do I have a plan of action, but I will be kicking of 2012 with a 10k!!! Here is to another great year!!!!



***Updated measurements AFTER the 5 day Inferno plan******

Here are my starting stats:                                             As of 12/31/11

Weight: 189.2                                                                            Weight: 188.1
Waist: 41.5"                                                                               Waist: 39"
Hips: 45"                                                                                    Hips: 44"
Chest: 43"                                                                                  Chest: 42"
Right Arm: 13"                                                                          Right Arm: 12.5"
Left Arm: 13"                                                                            Left Arm: 12.5"
Right Thigh: 25"                                                                       Right Thigh: 24.5"
Left Thigh: 24.5"                                                                       Left Thigh: 24"

That is 1.1 pounds gone and even better than that, 6.5 INCHES GONE:) :)

Until next time!






No comments:

Post a Comment