Friday, September 16, 2011

Foodie Friday and a New Start!

Hello Everyone!

I know it has been a little longer than normal, but things have been crazy around here! I just got back from Atlanta, Georgia for Slumber Parties National Training, AMAZING(and a whole other post on its own, so look out for it next week!) I am still on track. I even went running while in GA:) I did skip my run this morning...GASP! Turns out I am human, but I will be on the treadmill first thing in the morning:)

I have decided to *attempt* to keep my food and exercise journal on here as well. I hope to accomplish 3 things.

#1: Keep myself accountable
#2: Let people know it's ok to not eat on plan 100% of the time
#3: Give everyone ideas so that they can mix up their meal routine.

I made this decision because I was out on Tuesday running errands and the baby passed out, so instead of going to the Tropical Smoothie Cafe for my wrap, I decided to hit KFC. As I was eating my bulging bag of grease, it occured to me that you may want to hear about it. Why? Because you are following my blog, which I hope means that you get something out of it. I also hope that you are cheering me on along the way, but you wouldn't have been cheering me on as I ate my popcorn chicken. Maybe you would have been disappointed in my lack of judgement. No worries, I tasted that crap all day, so I am disappointed in myself! But I want you to know that no matter where you are in your weight loss journey, we all indulge every now and again. You just accept your indiscretion and MOVE ON!!!!! TOMORROW IS A NEW DAY!!! And maybe squeezing in a walk would help too:)

So, yesterday I was very well behaved:

BF: Scrambled eggs on a light sandwich thin. Instead of using cheese or mayo, I substitute a Laughing Cow wedge. They come in all flavors and are AMAZING! (I am on WW Simply Filling, so I do not have a daily points allowance. I only have to count points for food that arent on my "aproved list"). This meal cost me 1pt

Snack: FF Strawberry Yogurt

L: Brown Rice and a Banana (Small I know, but Jayce kept me busy)

D: Taco Salad made with lean beef, FF French and baked doritos.

If you want to be held accountable too, please feel free to comment with your food journal:) LET'S HELP EACH OTHER:)

Now, it is foodie friday, so how about an easy crock pot dinner that is healthy??

Chicken Stroganoff

1 carton of mushrooms
4-5 chicken breasts
1 packet of onion soup mix
1 16oz FF sour cream
1 can of FF cream of chicken or cream of mushroom
Whole wheat pasta (about a half of a box)

Put mushrooms in the bottom of the crock pot. Place chicken on top of mushrooms.

In a seperate bowl, mix sour cream, onion soup mix and soup. Then pour over chicken. Cook for 4-6 hours on high. When you are about an hour away from eating,shred chicken and mix whole wheat pasta into the crockpot and let cook for an hour.

Or you can also cook the pasta seperately and pour stroganoff over it.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment