Friday, August 19, 2011

Foodie Friday: Texas Trail Beef Macaroni

I have decided that Fridays will be deemed "Foodie Friday!" This is the one day a week I will share a recipe with you! The recipes I post will ALWAYS be easy and quick, as that is the only way I like to cook:) I can also promise that these recipes are healthy and taste tested:)

This week I will share the recipe for Texas Trail Beef Macaroni. This recipe is quick and tasty. Even Michael had seconds! And its even better the second day!

Texas Trail Beef Macaroni:

1 lb lean ground hamburger 

1 c chopped onion 

2 garlic cloves, minced 

1 qt beef stock (4 cups) 

29 oz canned tomato sauce
1/2 c water, as needed 

2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
2 tsp chili powder 

1/2 tsp dried basil
4 c whole-wheat macaroni, uncooked
FF sour cream, for topping 

FF for topping 

Tabasco (optional, to spice it up) 



In a large stockpot, brown beef with onions. Add all remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil; cover, and cook 10 minutes, until macaroni is tender. Top with sour cream, cheddar, and/or Tabasco. 

Serves 8 


Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment