Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Races, Goal Setting and Calories...OH MY

So much to catch up on!!!! My break up with Weight Watchers is going well, I am still happily tracking my calories on My Fitness Pal. I track religiously and it is FAR easier than I ever anticipated! I LOVE that I can log on and see a new friend request from one of my "followers." The app is so easy to use and having friends on there is so encouraging. It is amazing! So if you haven't already tried it, what are you waiting for?!?!?! :)

Not only am I still tracking calories, but I am also still losing weight. I reached a huge milestone on friday....HELLLLOOOOO 180's!!!!! AHHHHH!!!!!! Yep to some 180 is fat, to this girl 180=happy naked dance :) Not only did 180 involve a happy dance, but when it came time to buy new pants, I slipped into size 14!!! What a fabulous feeling! I still have a long way to go, but I am going to the right road and loving it. I know I make this sound easy. And while the app is incredibly easy, that doesn't mean that staying on track is always easy. I remember when I was on Weight Watchers, the popular phrase was,

"Nothing tastes better than skinny feels"

Whoever said that has never had Outback's cheese fries, or Panera's broccoli and cheese soup in a bread bowl, that's for sure!!!! Every day you have to wake up and make a conscious decision to stay on plan or not to. Some mornings I wake up knowing it is going to be a good day, and others, well....

So if I have a bad day, I try to squeeze in a workout. Or you know what? I go to bed knowing that tomorrow is a new day!!!! Don't beat yourself up, it happens to all of us. Some people have cheat days to help them stay on track the rest of the week. I try to have a cheat meal. And I still count the calories because tracking is the one thing that keeps me focused. But I track them and then I MOVE ON! I am not saying it is right, but that is what works for me.

Not only is staying on track every day a struggle, but so is working out. My focus is on my running. I am sure you have read all about my first 5k. It only took me one 5k to learn that I may not love running, but I LOVE RACING!!!! I don't ever plan to race to win. But it is the race day vibe that I love. It is insane!!! To be surrounded by so many fit and/or motivated people and to be cheered on along the way. It is a high that I have never felt before. As long as I keep races on my calendar, I know I will continue to train. On my schedule currently is:

10/15: Apple Trample (5k)
11/20: Zoo Zoom (8k)
11/24 Turkey Trot (5k)
12/3 Hot Chocolate Run (5k)

And much further in my future is a HALF MARATHON on 5/6/12. I had been planning to run a half, and Frederick just announced theirs. May 6 is simply fate for me. For those of you who don't know, I lost two brothers within 9 mos of each other. We lost Steve on 4/25/03. His birthday was on 5/6/72. The Frederick Half Marathon will fall on what would have been my brother's 40th birthday. The training will be harder than anything I have ever done, but I will make this happen. Even if I have to crawl across that finish line, I will FINISH!!!

That should be enough to keep me motivated throughout the holidays:) On top of that, Gold's Gym is running a Holiday Survival Challenge from 10/15-1/21. This will include special classes, trainer appointments and pre and post holiday measurements. Stay tuned next week to see my pre-holiday measurements!

No comments:

Post a Comment